Reopening Plan during and after COVID-19
COVID-19 Policies Going Forward
In an attempt to comply with the State of Ohio Medical Board, Health Departments and Occupational Safety and Health Administration, new guidelines have been implemented in both of my studios (Richwood and Upper Arlington, Ohio).
Richwood location open by appointment only.
Scheduling of your appointment:
- Your temperature will be taken on the day of your appointment. Please wash your hands upon entering my studios. Hand sanitizer is readily available and recommended before, during, and after sessions.
- My temperature is taken twice daily, as well as my pulse oximetry to verify deep breathing while wearing mask. A daily log is maintained for quick assessment.
- If you are feeling sick, please reschedule your appointment with no cancellation fee assessed at this time. If you have a fever of 100.4 or greater, you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days. However, additional symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever/chills, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting. When to seek medical advise: Trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face and high fever. Please note, if I am sick, I too will have to reschedule.
- Please continue with social distancing pursuant to Ohio Health Department recommendations and policies before and after your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you are come within 6 feet of another or when in enclosed spaces.
- Please avoid large gatherings and groups at this time with the goal for under 10 people.
- Please maintain good general hygiene at all times: Wash your hands in soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds scrubbing all surfaces and sanitize with appropriate 60%+ alcohol hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Wearing of masks may prompt the need to fidget with your masks. Please understand, good hand hygiene will stop the spread if you have to readjust your masks. Use hand sanitizer or wash hands first, then adjust mask to avoid contamination of facial area.
Cleaning and sanitizing between clients:
- As previously, therapist washes hands, before, during and after massages and sanitizing room.
- As previously normal procedures, all linens are taken out of room, room wiped down. All linens are machine washed with hot-soapy water and dried on high heat (sanitize mode).
- Aprons/scrubs/face masks changed between clients.
When arriving for your appointment:
- I will be wearing a mask during your session. I recommend that you wear a face covering/mask also. Exceptions to this would be clients that are claustrophobic, ill fitting masks, asthma, etc. If you do not have a mask, but would like one, then one will be provided.
- I will be wearing an apron for every session and it will be discarded after every client with a change of cloths or new apron applied.
- I ask that you wait in your car, text me that you have arrived at (740)361-7530 and I will advise when to come in for your session.
- I will give you a brief health history and questionnaire about travel before you arrive via email/text and have you sign a consent form via online for treatment.
- As I have always used in my treatment rooms, I use an air purifier with ozone capability after all have gone to kill any remaining germs for the next day.
After your session:
- Please feel free to use restroom and wash your hands.
- Allow me to come back into room and finishing checking in to see how you are feeling after your session and answer any questions, reschedule and pay for session or prepay session online for complete hands-free transaction.
- At this time, hugs and handshakes are not permitted due to social distancing orders. Know that hugs are always welcome, but not advised at this time.
- Water is readily available, please ask for bottle or cup at any time during your session and I will be happy to provide you with a disposable container.
Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Contact Tracing:
- As per the Ohio Department of Health, therapists are ordered to keep track of each client who comes in for therapy. Contact information and treatment received are logged. Please see Coronovirus.Ohio.Gov for more information. I have my log readily available if the need arises.
- Contact tracing is performed when a sick person has tested positive and local health department then will interview said person and the tracking of where the individual has gone will be performed. This is an effort to eliminate the spread of the virus.
Coming soon June 2, 2020, I will additionally be located within
Relevate, LLC at 1490 Old Henderson Road, Columbus, Oh 43220.
I am so excited to announce this additional location. I will be performing manual lymphatic drainage, as well as my therapeutic massages from light to deep tissue work. To begin with, I will be at Relevate, LLC on Tuesdays with the anticipation of adding more hours on other days of the week as well. I will be joining Scott Orts, LMT and Andrew Scott, LMT, both extremely experienced therapists. I look forward to all this change has to offer.
Cynthia Oberdier, LMT-CNMT, CLT, CHHC, RM